I ordered a Whirlpool refrigerator (Model ED2KVEXV) from Grants Appliances Electronics in Merrillville, IN and it arrived broken on 9/03/08. I called hours after the installation because the refrigerator was on but was not cooling. I was told that it would take 24 hours for the fridge to be completely operational. I called customer service 24 hours later and spoke to Barbara. I found her attitude excessively rude and dismissive, especially since I had a legitimate complaint.

After being shuffled around from customer service to the store manager in Merrillville, I requested a different customer service representative because of Barbara's rudeness.

The next customer service rep, Sarah, offered reluctant cooperation in an exaggerated saccharine tone. Politely, rigidly and severely terse she attempted to antagonize the situation and avoid assistance, by repeatedly stating that it was not Grant's responsibility because Grants only delivers the appliances. The service rep completely ignored my logical reasoning that since I paid Grants for the fridge, I could only hold Grants responsible.

With no other recourse, I spoke with Whirlpool's customer service and they informed me that they would never replace the defective fridge, but would send someone out to look at it.

Another disturbing revelation, especially since I paid for a NEW refrigerator, I expected the defective refrigerator to be replaced with a new fridge.

Beware of the lack of support AFTER you purchase a Whirlpool.

Had an Experience with Grants Appliances Electronics and More?

Comments

#361916

I recently had a bad experience with Grants.Bought a new oven and 4 days later the interior glass explodes (manufacture's rep claims probably tighten too much at factory).

Grant's won't provide any assitance and told us we needed to contact the manufacturer directly. This is BS when you have a defective product less than a week after purchase.

Then on top of it, the manufacturer says its going to take a week to order the new part.Go somewhere else that stands behind their products, and look closely at the return policy.

have used grants for most of our appliances, never a problem with them.I got a microwave a few months back that was had a defective magnetron but I called the manufacturer, they were out the next day and they fixed it.

I don't expect a brand new item when one part is broken and I don't expect Grant's to fix the problem. They just sold it.

I go there because the have the lowest price, but i go in saying I want the price on this.And on that microwave, nobody had it in stock, nobody, but Grant's did, and the only time I spent in the store was when I went to pick it up, everything was done over the phone.

I had a similar situation with a broken appliance.Rather than replace the broken appliance, they said they'll repair it.

This is a brand-new appliance!!I could go on and on about the way they misrepresented me but suffice to say, they've lost my business even if they offered me free appliances!

I WORKED AT GRANTS WHEN THE ONLY LOCATION WAS THE STORE IN JOLIET IL.AND IF THERE WERE RUDE CUSTOMER SERIVE PEOPLE AND RUDE MANAGERS YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE THE HIGHEST MANAGERS THERE.GRANTS WOULD NEVER ALLOW A CUSTOMER TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT....GIVE THEM ANOTHER CHANGE, THEY DEAL WITH EVERY MANUFACUTRE AND 100'S OF PEOPLE WEEKLY, MAYBE YOU JUST GOT A FEW PEOPLE WHO WERE HAVING BAD DAYS.

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU CALLED UP THERE NICE AND POLITE YOURSELF?GRANTS IS THE NUMBER ONE APPLIANCE STORE AROUND ANY WHERE.....

Hey, buyer4life, could not come up with a little more creativity when you thought for a name, huh? Go to Grants when you have your service problem, see if they even remember you! Again, I stand with my comments about Grants, they should be in the used car business, not appliances.

I can never get a good price from lowes unless I tell them I have been to Grants!!Then the price gets a little better.

But I return to Grants because they took care of me first.I wish they sold lumber

Here @ Lowes, if this would have happened so soon after purchase, we would have set up a swap account for you and had a brand spanking new Whirlpool delivered to you next day!Actually, we get A LOT of disgruntled Grants customers, who always say they are treated like they are on a used car lot when they go in there due to the overly aggressive nature of their salesmen.

Also, customers have told me personally that the prices "mysteriously" change when trying to even get a price from one Grants salesman to another.

When I have called them (Usually the Downers Grove store on 75th St.) They will not even quote a price even when I am pretending to be the customer!So, all in all, keep up the good work, there, Grants, your doing Lowe's advertising and customer care for us!!